Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
Exchanges: 4 oz meat, 3 vegetables Rapid Results/ Jump Start/ Quick Count
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned & peeled
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into flowerettes
- 10 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ medium onion, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Splenda brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp wine vinegar
- In a medium mixing bowl, prepare the sauce mixture by adding the soy sauce, water. Splenda brown sugar, ground ginger, and wine vinegar. Stir ingredients together and set aside.
- Using a small mixing bowl, season the peeled shrimp with the garlic powder, onion powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper for taste.
- Spray a medium-sized sauce pan with Pam cooking spray and add the seasoned shrimp, onions, and garlic to the pan. Sprinkle the mixture with a few dashes of the Tabasco sauce. Sautee shrimp with combined seasonings on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
- Add the vegetables along with 3 Tbsp of water to the sauce pan. Cover and let steam for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce mixture that was prepared in the first step to the stir fry and cook on low to medium heat, or until the sauce thickens.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 1/3 of a recipe (12.7 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Author: Dr. Rogers Weight Loss Centers Staff
This recipe has been modified to meet the nutritional requirements for Rapid Results/ Quick Count/ Jump Start meal plan.